Sunday, November 9, 2008

Chapter 004



“ Wow… Cheonson’s capital city is so much more exciting that at Asahi.. hahaha… I wonder if I can find some really good ginseng here… I really need to bulk up and get stronger so me and Yoochun hyung can take on Yunho hyung… ooops” Prince Junsu said as he was excitedly running around in the market place when he bumped into someone causing both to fall down.

“Ouch… what did I hit … a brick wall?” Junsu said as he rubbed his head.

“Oh my god?!?!?!? That poor boy… “ everyone in the marketplace said as they went for cover.
Not understanding what they meant he turned to look at what exactly he had just ran into. He gave a nervous smile as he came face to face with Princess Jane who gave him a cold stare.

Jane got up and glared at Junsu who still laid on the ground, “….”

“I’m sorry… pretty auntie… I mean pretty girl “ Junsu said as he giggled and put on his most angelic of expressions hoping Jane would take away that cold stare and put on an expression of “aww… he’s soo cute” like everyone else did when he made a mistake.

Jane looked at him with an even more cold stare, What a waste of time… let’s see what I can get from your thoughts that I can use to destroy you with.. Jane thought to herself as she began to probe his mind. Her eyes turned a bright pink as she began to use her powers. The people in the marketplace seeing this knew that their most feared princess was about to read someone’s mind and use it for evil… they closed their eyes and all began to sing.

Junsu not being able to stand them singing off tune began to sing a song to drown them all out,

ma na heul leot ni haeng bok haet deon neo wa ham gge han shi gan deul..
i je neun ddeo na bol su eob seul ten de han eob shi yeo rin neol tu go

neol bo myeon ut seo ya ha neun de hwan han mi so reul bo yeo ya ha neun de cha ggu ni saeng gak e nun mul i na


Suddenly everyone went silent and started to listen to his song. As he was singing this song that seemed to calm the market people, he stared straight at Jane with soft and tender eyes.

i jen i jeo ya ha neun de gi eok sok e ji wo ya ha neun de i jen neol ddeo na ga

dan han beon man nal su it da myeon geu dae nal ba ra bol su it da myeon
nae mo deun geol dang shin gge bo yeo jul ge yo i je ggeot sum gyeo on nae sa rang eul...


Jane did not pay attention to his singing though and concentrated on reading his thoughts to find out deep dark secrets that she could use to bring him down to his knees for knocking her down and then calling her pretty.What is this??? Does this idiot have no thought in his head?... She thought to herself. Slightly confused and very frustrated she glared even more and then said, “Idiot.”and then walked off.

Junsu continued to smile as some of the people rushed out to help him up after Princess Jane left.

“Young man are you alright??? We all thought you were finished.” The butcher said as he helped Junsu pick up some of his things. The others nodded in agreement.

“Oh.. thank you.. I’m fine… Who was that? She was kinda cute, a little cold but very cute.” Junsu said as he knelt down to pick up his belongings as well.

“Sh… don’t let her hear you… or this time you might not be as lucky as now..”

“Hahah… I don’t think she would hurt me.. would she?.. What’s her name?”

“…”

“Ha.. what’s wrong?”

The butcher handed Junsu his things and said, “ All I can say is that here.. she is known as the “one who must not be mentioned”. To mention her name is to bring death upon yourself… “ he said as he shuttered in fear.

“Really? Why?” Junsu said with a clueless smile on his face, “ She seemed normal… oh what is this?”

Junsu picked up a piece of paper and read it, “Wolf’s bane, pig’s blood, scarab shell, taro root, frog legs, turtle shell, ginseng…. What type of recipe recalls all those things??”

“That is some of what we mean.. she…she is a witch… But I must not speak any more… for I fear my life” the butcher said as he went back to his stall.

“Witch..huh..” Junsu smiled as he looked in the direction Jane walked off in , “hmm maybe she just put me under a love spell… this is going to be fun.”

Junsu looked on the list and saw there were only two things left, turtle shell and ginseng, the walked up to the butcher and began to show off his acting skills. With distress and tears his eyes he began to tell his sob story, “Sir .. is there any place that sells ginseng here? … I have a very sick father that needs it… I’m new here and have traveled from far away to get some because the doctor in my village said the best were found here.”
The butcher and others listening all began to tear up, Junsu turned away and giggle and the turned back with even more tears and despair on his face, “ As I was traveling, I was ambushed by robbers that.. that… stole everything of value from me and now all I have is this pendant that father gave to me that has been handed down from generation to generation.. but I must sell it to save father.. I only hope that the ancestors forgive me.”

“Oh.. my dear boy… “ the butcher said as he was in tears and sudden grabbed Junsu to give him a hug, “ I would be so happy if my son was half as dutiful as you…”

The others that had listened all nodded and wiped their tears, they could not believe a son would go through so much for his father.

“There is only one place here that sells ginseng… it is Miss Anhlinh’s herb shop about 50 yards from here.. but you must hurry because she only picks two ginseng a week to sell..”

Junsu smiled and wiped away his tears away and bowed to the butcher, “Thank you uncle, I will make sure that when father is well, we will both come and thank you once again and bring gifts from our village as well.. and for all of you … thank you… I must go.”

With saying that, he waved goodbye and went on his way, ahh it pays to be cute hahahha… now time to play a little game with that cutie witch. he said as he ran towards the shop in order to begin his game.

He reached the shop and once again told his sob story to the shop keeper who burst into tears and gave him the two pieces of ginseng for free. He thanked her and then took off yet again when he saw Jane walking towards the shop. Junsu quickly changed his clothes to that of a poor boy trying to sell something and ran to the west end of the market.

He placed one of the ginseng into a box and started to draw attention to himself.. in hopes of getting Princess Jane to come over. Jane who was angered that Miss Anhlinh had given her ginseng to a random stranger made her take another one of Jane’s latest potions. This one yet again backfired… it was supposed to shrinking Miss Anhlinh to a 10th of her size … instead it just made her 4 times her size.

“Please.. please.. change me back….” Miss Anhlinh pleaded as she chased after Jane out of the shop destroying it.

“I know you are jealous of me.. of my skills.. even at times giving me fake herbs..” Jane said as she continued to walk away.

“No… no I am not… please please change me back.. what will my husband say…”

“You turned your husband and his male lover into fire logs already.. so why would you worry about what he says..”

“wah!!!! Please I beg of you … I can’t live like this…”
“Oh… really… and taking a potion to hide your true age from people… to maintain your beauty you can..” Jane said loudly for people in the market to hear, everyone turned to look in shock as their once beautiful herb shop keeper had been turned into a giant. They began point and stare when Miss Anhlinh could not take it anymore and was about to attack Jane from behind, but not being careful she thought it out in her head instead of doing it instinctively.

Jane turned around and pulled out another vile and waved it in front of Anhlinh, “ Do you want to see what this one does… It was suppose to be a reversal potion for the one you drank, but I used the false herbs you gave me before… should we test it out?”

Anhlinh took a step back while the people in the area hid behind the booths and ran into their houses for cover.

“I thought so… “ Jane said calmly as she put the vile back into her basket and then pulled out another one, “Since you had been somewhat helpful in my studies.. I suppose I should give you a second chance…”

“Yes.. please I beg of you.. “ Miss Anhlinh got on her knees causing the ground to shake. Anhlinh held out her hand and accepted the vile and threw it into her mouth. A cloud of smoke appeared and she was suddenly changed back to her normal self. She cried tears of joy quickly got up and ran to Jane, but suddenly she began to shrank.

“Darn.. I guess that one didn’t come out right either… oh well.. when I get home.. I must check on the proportions… hmm” she said as she took a look and began to walk away.

Anhlinh continued to cry which annoyed Jane so she turned around, “ Anhlinh… you are a potions master.. as you claim to these people who buy your faulty medicine… you should be able to cure yourself… this was a potion you created… I think you should be able to make the antidote.. but if I remember correctly you said if the wrong proportions were mixed.. it may be permanent if not reversed in the next 2 hrs… I suggest you hurry.”

The tiny Anhlinh hearing this turned and ran to her shop, but realized that it had collapsed and turned to rubble.. fell to the ground crying. Out of no where a singing springing lark flew by and picked her up.

Jane watched as the bird flew into the distance, sighed and then continued her search for ginseng that is needed to complete her Turtle Prince potion.

The fabric lady got up and then said to her husband, “Can you believe that Prince Jaelin has such terrifying sisters… I heard that Prince Jaelin is the only true blood relative to the King and that the 4 so called princesses are his bastard children with someone from the Amuka family.. that’s why they are all so evil.. don’t you think so?”

She turned to her husband to gain a response, but he was frozen in terror. She turned to look at what had given him such a fright and she herself fall to the ground shaking.

“I suggest you should worry about who your children’s real father is before you worry about other people’s family.” Jane said as her eyes glowed an intense pink.

As the two continued to shake in fear, Jane walked away wondering where she could find ginseng. She continued to wander until she noticed a crowd and heard someone mention ginseng. Jane walked into the crowd, seeing her there the crowd disperse revealing a poor boy telling his story.. trying to get someone to buy his ginseng.

“Even in this sweldering heat…I, Shushu… a poor young man must come out here and beg of you… Won’t someone .. anyone… please exchange this ginseng for something I am in desperate need of ?” Junsu said as he held his head low on the verge of tears.

“Stop your lame performance… I will buy it from you .. how much do you want…” Jane said impatiently.

Junsu looked up at her still with tears in his eyes, but with a smile, “ You will.. you would buy this from me?”

“ Yes now tell me how much you want it for… I am in a hurry.. is 200 pieces of gold enough?”

“Oh… “ Junsu looked sad.

“What? Is that not enough… how about 400 then?”

“I’m sorry but I do not need money..” Junsu turned away to giggle and then turned back as he continued to call for people to come and exchange the ginseng for what he wants.

“Dressed like that and you don’t need money??? Puh lease.. someone doesn’t live in reality.. well then what do you want?”

“What I want… what I want is … something that everyone has, but I cannot grasp… I watch from behind as people flaunt what they have in front of me but … alas I can not touch it… Even my brothers.. when I ask them to let me touch theirs… they say no and hit me… Why … why must it be so hard… I have to sneak a chance to touch theirs… and when I get caught they beat me so bad… “ Junsu said as he dramatically added motions to further make his story more sad.

Jane listened as her frustration and anger began to grow for this peasant before her. Her eyes began to glow once again and she started to look in his mind. Once again there was nothing… the first time this happen today she thought that her powers had gotten weaker, but she disproved that with Anhlinh and the fabric vendor What is going on?? Is this fool as brainless as the other that bumped me earlier?

“Argh Stop with your story!!! Fine.. whatever you want!!! Just give me the ginseng.” Jane said trying to not blow up in his face.

Junsu looked at her with a huge smile and his eyes sparkling, “ Really? Really? You would?”

“Yes… Yes .. Hurry up!! Tell me what do you want so I can be done with this already.”

Junsu began to jump up and down giggling, “ Yes!!! Oh my gods… someone has willingly said yes… I can die a happy man now…”

“Hurry up before I change my mind !!”

Junsu stopped jumping up and down cheering and sat down doing something away from Jane’s gaze. Then he got up, picking up the ginseng and walked up to Jane. He handed her the ginseng with a big smile on his face. Jane quickly grabbed the ginseng and put it into her basket. Junsu bowed and then went back to pack up his belongings.

Jane let out a sigh, happy that she had finally gotten everything she needed, “ So what do you want in return?”

Junsu got up and turned to her and smiled. Jane was getting very annoyed with his constant smiling and once again tried to read his mind. Junsu continued to smile and then tilted his head to one side and gave a wink.

Pretty girl… try all you want.. you won’t be able to read my mind, Jane heard and had a shock, so this was why should could not read his mind before.

Anything you do read … is what I want you to read and hear … hehehe.. you are so cute!! And yes I too believe that you have finally met your match… in more ways that one I hope Junsu telepathically said to Jane.

“Why you !!!” Jane said with a frown, “Whatever.. tell me what you want so I can give it to you and be rid of you forever!!”

Junsu looked at her and gave a sigh. He laughed as he walked up towards her, passing her, “ You already gave me payment.. and a tip as well… it was well received.. not what I expected but… I still thank you…it was very much enjoyed..”

“Boh?…”
“Well see you later pretty girl… hopefully I can make another exchange with you sometime… hahah bye bye” Junsu said as he casually walked away from her. Actually not that far… just behind the booth right next to where they were, he hid and watched.

Jane looked confused as to what she could have possibly given him in exchange for. Junsu giggled from his hiding spot seeing Jane still confused. Suddenly a little child went up to Jane and tugged on her dress.

She turned to look at the child who said, “Noona… why do you have paper stuck to your dress near your b…uu..”, but before the little boy, his father rushed over to grab him and ran of. But the little boy had just said enough to send Jane into a rage. She pulled off the papers and read them:

“Thank you for the payment, I greatly appreciate it !!”

“By the way.. you seem to be a little flat there… maybe you should eat a little more… I’ve eaten peaches that were rounder and firmer than yours… “

She tore them up and then stared at the direction she had thought he had ran of in, “ARGHH!!! When I find you!!! You will pay!!! Even hell will look better when I’m through with you !!!”

As she was throwing her fit that scared the people in the market place, she suddenly froze when she felt a hand on her backside.

“Yup… you most definitely eat more… even apricots are rounder and firmer than you …hahaha … oh well work on it and the next time I see you .. I can compare hehehe… “ Junsu laughed and then ran off waving goodbye a good distance.

“WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Jane screamed, this was the first time that anyone had ever humiliated her like that. She looked around noticing stares, she stopped yelling and then quickly turned away running towards the palace, “I swear!! Even if it takes the rest of my life… I will destroy you!!!”

Meanwhile Junsu now on the other side of town stopped running and sighed with a big smile on his face.

“Junsu…What are you smiling about?”

“Oh hyung… hahah nothing… umm why are you carrying around Yoochun hyung?” Junsu asked seeing Yunho.

“I got tired of listening to him so I knocked him out.” Yunho said as he tried to balance out the dead weight on his back.

“…unh….” Yoochun began to mumble as he slowly regained consciousness, but not for long because Junsu hit Yoochun with his sword, knocking him out again.

“Sorry… I don’t really want to listen to it either” Junsu said with a innocent look.

“Well I was about to do that .. so it doesn’t matter.. We need to hurry and find Minnie and Hyung.. The palace knows that we’re here and there are people tracking us now..” Yunho said as he grabbed Junsu’s arm and started walking.

“Really…. Wow… they are good… “

“You have no idea… So what have you been up to? Did you cause any trouble?”

“Oh hahahhaha…nothing much just looked around in the market place.. oh I bought some ginseng.. so I can build up and take you on later.. “ Junsu said giggling until Yunho hit him over the head.

“Sure… I’ll find out the truth later… come on lets go..”

As the three brothers continued to walk in search of their two remaining brothers, Junsu could not help but look back and think of Jane and wonder what she could be up to right at that moment as he let out a laugh.



Prince Junsu: is a telepath. He has the ability to block those with the ability to read minds and also to add memories into people’s thoughts. He also has the ability to communicate with others without speaking [Cuz he’s too busy being a little perv ><>

No comments:

Post a Comment