Sunday, November 9, 2008

Chapter 011



“Hyung… why did you have to wake us up so early..” Changmin whined as he rubbed his eyes.

“Yah.. we are still tired.. come on Yoochun let’s go back to our rooms..” Junsu said as he tugged on Yoochun to turn back. As they did so, Yoochun bumped into an angry looking Jae Joong.
“Oh.. hahaha.. I was just.. gonna go.. “ Yoochun said smiling.

“No one is going any where…”Jae Joong said as he grabbed Yoochun and Junsu’s shirts as if they were little children dragging them along as he followed Yunho and Changmin.

“We need to train.. We are all getting sloppy in our fighting… “ Yunho turned to Junsu and Yoochun with lightning in his eyes, “Especially you two.. You are always executing those plans to try to win over the Princesses hearts.. and they always backfire.. with you running back to your rooms.. licking your wounds.. Time to do something more useful with your energy..”

Yoochun and Junsu jumped back behind Jae Joong as Yunho sighed and turned to knock on Jaelin’s door, “Jaelin hyung… yah.. hyung are you in there?”

Jaelin said loudly, “Oh.. Yunho.. You can come in .. “

Yunho and his brothers hearing this entered Jaelin’s room, “Wahh!!!! Look at all this stuff!!! Hyung what are you making all these things for ???” Changmin said as he rushed in grabbing a teddy bear and jumping on to Jaelin’s bed, “Wow.. did you make this.. it looks great..”

“Oh the black one.. that’s for Kuri dongsaeng. “ Jaelin said not looking up from what he was working on.

Changmin looked at the bear, “gah.. that’s why it looked evil… “ and then threw it against the wall.

The four other princes looked around as the room that usually was empty and orderly was nearly bursting at the seams with wrapped boxes and hand made gifts.

“AH… finally done..” Jaelin said with a sigh of relief as he placed the completed object into a box and then turned around to talk to the Shin princes, “So… what time is it right now.. “ Jaelin said as he yawned.

“Jaelin.. It’s morning.. “ Jae Joong said as he picked up a box and shook it, “Have you been up all night making things…”

“Oh… I’m not sure.. when was the last time you saw me?”

“Hyung.. the last time we saw you was 4 days ago.” Yoochun said as he tripped over a box.

“Well then that’s how long I’ve been up.. Wait.. did you say morning.. I must get going.. “ Jaelin said as he stood up and gathered two large bags of gifts.

“Wait hyung .. where are you going? I thought you said today we were going to spar today?” Yunho said as he pulled out his sword as he was eager to match fighting styles.

“I am sorry but not today.. I must get going.. “ Jaelin said as he rushed passed the princes and out the door.

“What was that about? “ Junsu said as the five walked out of the room.

Just as they exited Jaelin popped up, “Gahh.. Hyung.. did you forget something??” Yoochun said startled at Jaelin’s reappearance.

Jaelin said nothing and handed each of the princes a box, bowed and walked off again.

The five looked at the boxes each were given and all together looked up at the direction Jaelin had walked off in, “What the??”
==================================================
“Where is Jaelin oppa.. He’s never late… “ Shelly said as she stomped her feet and it the flower bush in the main garden. Just as she turned to look toward the direction of the palace Jaelin appeared before her, “Oppa!!!”

“Sorry to keep you waiting Shelly dongsaeng.” Jaelin said as he bowed.

Shelly unable to control herself ran towards him and gave him a big hug, “I knew you would not break your promise.”

“Of course I wouldn’t especially not with any of my dongsaengs especially Angie, Jane, Bea and Shelly.. My cute little sisters.”

Shelly hearing this let go and pouted, “I don’t want to be like Bea donsaeng though… I want to be..”

But before she could say anything else Jaelin cut in, “Oh.. why did Shelly dongsaeng want to see oppa for.. and so early in the morning?”

Shelly smiled brightly as she pulled out a little box with a bow on it, “Oppa this is for you… “ she said shyly.

Jaelin looked at her with his unemotional stare and took the box. He opened it revealing a small chocolate in the shape of a heart, “Oppa this is chocolate made for you and only you ..It represents the love I have for you ..”

Jaelin looked at the chocolate and then looked at Shelly, “Umm.. this won’t kill me right?.. I remember last year when you gave me one.. your oppa Se7en added a special ingredient… and the guard who ate it was sick for days…”

Shelly pouted and hit Jaelin… causing Jaelin to laugh, “I’m sorry hahahahha… I’m kidding.. I’m kidding..“

Shelly continued to pout, turning around and crossing her arms, “Well that was not funny… Every year I make chocolate for you and you never eat it… and every year you say something that hurts my feelings.. Oppa is soo mean…”

“Dongsaeng… It’s not that I don’t appreciate the chocolate.. but I don’t usually eat sweets like that.. and I was just kidding around…” Jaelin said as he walked toward the pavilion.
“But still…” Shelly said as she turned around only to see Jaelin was not there anymore, “Oppa!!! Wait for me!!!”

As she headed toward the pavilion, Jaelin said sweetly,” I know I can’t sing but.. I just want to say thank you …“.

Thanks for everything & Thanks U here neom yeorigo ajik jageun geudaega
Thanks for everything & Thanks U here You were weak and still small

Nal wihae gidohaneun mam neom keun sarang
You prayed for me with such great love

Naege bune neomchineun geudaega itjjyo goma-un saram....
The most important person is you a thankful person....

“Eh… Oppa…” Shelly said as she continued to cautiously walk towards the pavilion unsure of what was waiting for her.

Geuraeyo (geudael dugoseo) nan amudedo mot gajyo
Its true (If I dont have you) There is no where I can go

Mae-il jabajun nae soneul, geureon goma-umeul arayo
Always holding my hand, I know this appreciation

Hearing these words, Shelly began to run towards the pavilion with the greatest happiness for she believed that this was Jaelin’s way of finally confessing his love towards Shelly. Just as she was running, the King and Queen who were on their daily stroll in the garden heard Jaelin’s voice and stopped looking onto the direction Shelly was running towards

Cheo-eum geuttaecheoreom (hangsang gyeoteman) meomulleojun geudaega
Just like that first time (Always by my side) You remain

“Ah.. It must be Jaelin .. with his gifts… That child.. takes this day so seriously.” The King said as he caressed the Queen’s hand.

“But of course.. because today is a special day for all of Cheonson.. and especially for us dear.” The Queen said as she rested her head on the King’s shoulder and they continued to walk along the lakeside.

“Oppa!!!” Shelly said short of breath.. panting.., but when she arrived, Jaelin was no where in sight. She circled around looking for where the voice might be, “Oppa!!! Where are you !!!”

Neom sojunghago yeppeoseo heullin na-ui nunmuljochado gamsa deuryeoyo
Because you are so important and lovely, I even thank the falling tears

“I am truly thankful for the love and friendship you have for me Shelly…I hope you liked the song and .. “ Jaelin said from a distance.
“And what?!?! Where are you oppa???” Just as she had made a complete circle at the center of the pavilion laid a teddy bear of pure white.

Shelly walked towards the bear and picked it up. She looked at the detail that was put into the bear and knew that it was hand made by Jaelin. She hugged it tightly as if it were Jaelin himself she was hugging with tears streaming her eyes. She looked up again in hopes of Jaelin coming out somewhere with his arms wide open waiting for her to run into them, but sadly it didn’t happen.

She looked down at where the bear had been and underneath the bear had been a single jasmine flower and note. She picked up the jasmine, breathing it its sweet aroma and then placing it in her hair and as she wiped the tears away read the note:

To my dearest Shelly,
I know that I may see cold and harsh, but know that I care and will always be there for you when you need me. Thank you for the love and friendship you have always given me as well as the interesting chocolates.. hahah just kidding about the chocolates.. I treasure them dearly every year you give them to me .. in the same spot with the same smile and bright eyes. I’ve never given you anything in return so this year I hope you liked the terribly off tuned sung song and this bear..

Always with love for My Little Sister

Your Oppa- Jaelin

p.s. You will always be my cute little sister ^^v and I hope that one day I can give you away to a man that will love and cherish you as much as you will love and cherish him like you have towards this oppa


Reading the note Shelly could not feel joy and anger at the same time. This had been the first time that Jaelin had ever showed any affection such as this towards her, but at the same time forcing her to accept the fact that she could be nothing more than his sister.

Shelly pouted tearing out the parts where he had mentioned her as his littler sister, shredding them to pieces and putting the rest between the bow of the bear. Shelly looked at the bear once again and made angry faces at it slapping the bear a few times.

Just as she was slapping it she smiled and gave it a big hug, “Oppa.. just you wait ..one of these days I’ll make you see me not as a little sister.. but more.. I’ll make you admit you love me.. ” she said as she looked at the bear, “Isn’t that right Jaelinnie..” shaking its head to make it as if the bear nodded in agreement and cuddled it some more.

She continued to play with the bear, not knowing Jaelin was standing outside of the pavilion. Sigh… Should I have done that…Why can’t she just be my little sister… It’s not like she can be anymore than that.. Jaelin thought as he walked off.

Near the lake, Kuri ran into Jaelin as the King and Queen overlooked.

“Jaelin oppa, Good morning!!” Kuri said as she cuddled Kiri and curtseyed.

“Good morning Kuri dongsaeng” Jaelin said with a smile patting her head and then proceeding to do the same thing to Kiri, “And good morning to you too Kiri”

Kuri looked at the two large bags that Jaelin was carrying, “Oppa.. what are those bags for?” she asked with a smile.

“Oh these.. these are presents for people that I am close to … “ Jaelin said as he turned around whistling to call for Hikari, who came instantly landing beside Jaelin. Jaelin placed the two large bags on the blue phoenix and petted her on her head.

“What for?”

“Today is a special day in Cheonson.. First it is the anniversary of my parent’s wedding and coronation .. and secondly today is a day in Cheonson in which we the citizens give gifts to people we love and care about…as a token of our love and appreciation..”

“Really? We don’t have anything like that in Asahi..” Kuri pouted, “Not like anyone would give me anything.. Mean oppas.. always full of themselves…”

“What about your Jae Joong oppa.. didn’t he make and give you Kiri?”

“He’s an exception.. but because he’s the Crown Prince, he’s always so busy.. Is it only for lovers? Or for everyone.. this day…”

“Well it started off as a day for people to confess their love for one another, but since there are different kinds of love.. it can be for anyone you care about.. which reminds me.. “ Jaelin said as he began to pull something out of the bag and hide it behind him, “I have something for my cute dongsaeng.. and Kiri too.”

“Really??? I get something too???”

Jaelin laughed and patted her on the head, “Of course.. you are family now..hmm.. but it really isn’t something…it’s more like a someone…”

“Someone?? How can oppa give me someone??? Gimme gimme.. please don’t toy around with me oppa.. I want I want!!” Kuri said as she tugged on Jaelin’s arm.

“Hahahah.. no wonder why you and Bea get along so well, but ok..” Jaelin said as he smiled and revealed, his gift to Kuri, “Kuri, Kiri.. this is Kuku… “

“Pretty….” Kuri said as her face lit up, but remembering her manners she curtseyed, “is it really mine?”

“Yes. Lol.. remember I promised you that I would make you a stuffed animal.. last time?”

“You remembered!! I thought you had forgotten or that you just said it to get me to stop crying.. like oppas do all the time..” Kuri said all teary eyed.

Jaelin smiled and wiped her tears away, “ Don’t cry.. smile for oppa.. smiles look best on pretty girls.. “

Kuri stopped sniffling and smiled, “Ok oppa” she said as she was given Kuku.

“I would never break my promises to my dongsaengs.. Kuku is yours. He may not as great as Kiri, but he was made with the love and warmth I have for you and like Kiri… I have lent some of my powers to Kuku so he too has a will of his own and will be able to protect you along with Kiri.”

Kuku suddenly jumped out of Kuri’s arms and bowed towards Kuri and Kiri, “Wahh!!! So cute!! Now Kiri doesn’t have to be lonely anymore!! She has a brother!!! Oh thank you oppa!!” Kuri said as she jumped giving Jaelin a big hug.

“Kuri is such a bright and cheerful child.. don’t you think dear?” the Queen said as she poured tea into two cups.

“Indeed she is.. so well mannered compared to our .. umm.. gems..” the King said as he watched Kuri wave goodbye to Jaelin as flew away on Hikari.

“I wonder how many gifts Jaelin made this year.. he was up for almost a week straight making them… “

“Who knows.. that boy loves everyone like family even though he doesn’t say it out loud… he could have possibly made enough for the entire kingdom. I wonder what he and his sisters have prepared for us this year…Every year it gets grander.. and more over the top”

“Well.. he does have a big heart.. “ the Queen said, “Just like you .. ”

“And he has the same habit of hiding his feelings just like you Hoshi..” the King said with a smile as he took her hand and kissed it, “30 years and still you have a hard time saying those three words..”

The Queen leaned over to give the King a kiss on the cheek, “I believe that actions speak louder than word, Hyesung..” with saying that she placed a necklace around his neck.

The King looked at the pendant which had the seal of Cheonson, then he turned to the back where there was engraving:

2.14.. The first and only day I will ‘I love you ‘

“Hyesung.. I love you .” the Queen said as she embraced the King.

The King pulled away from her, “Well I don’t want to hear those three words from you ever again” he said with a serious face as he stood up and turned away taking off the necklace, placing it on the table.

“Why… what is wrong?” the Queen said with worry as tears welled up in her eyes, “Is it because you don’t love me anymore?”

The King stood unnerved and then turned around, wiping the tears from his wife’s face, giving her a kiss on the cheek and wrapping his arms around her from behind.

He rested his head next to hers and whispered, “It’s because… there is no need to say them… like you said.. our actions speak louder..” and then he placed a necklace around her neck with the engraving:

2.14 The day I realized that you didn’t have to say ‘I love you’ to show me your love

“Hyesung….” The Queen said as she rested her head on the King’s chest looking up at him with warm eyes.

Just as the two leaned in to kiss, from a distance Chloe was mimicking a gagging motion, “God.. at that age.. you would have thought they’d be less…”

“Lovey… dovey.. I agree unnie” Jane said in agreement as she took a sip of her tea.

“Oh look.. it’s Kuri unnie..” Bea said as she jumped out of her seat and ran to greet Kuri, “Unnie where did you get the new teddy bear.”

“Hello everyone!! Oh Kuku.. “ Kuri said as she hugged the black bear, “Jaelin oppa gave him to me… I don’t know why though.. he had tons of presents .. he just left to give them out.”

“Gawd… it’s that day again” Chloe said as she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

“What day unnie?”

“Today is our parents anniversary turned holiday for Cheonson” Angie said as she looked at the gifts that had been left at her door earlier in the morning, “ It’s a day to celebrate love in all its forms through giving presents to people you love .. confessing.. blah blah blah.”

“So does that mean Jaelin oppa loves me?” Kuri said as she blushed and buried her face into Kiri and Kuku.

Chloe laughed and pulled on Kuri’s ponytail, “Jaelin gives presents to everyone he cares about.. if you haven’t noticed.. the goodie goodie loves everyone like family.. don’t get any ideas little girl.”

“Oh…Well at least he’s nicer than my oppas..”

“I wonder what Jaelin Oppa is going to give us this year!!! He always has the best things prepared.” Bea said excitedly as she jumped up and down.

“You know he always has something special for us.. so don’t go jumping and making a big scene” Jane sneered at Bea to make her stop.

Bea paid no attention and got Kuri to jump and cheer as well, but suddenly stopped falling to the ground, “WAH!!!! NO FAIR!!” the two girls said as they tried to break through the ice that surrounded their legs up to their knees.

Chloe laughed, “Thanks Angie.. “

“No mention.. the cheeriness of the two was getting… overpowering…” Angie said as she tossed aside yet another gift, “ Hmm.. what are we going to give appa and umma?”

“I don’t know.. do we have to? “

“Well I guess it’s a given since Jaelin is giving them something…”

“Damn that Jaelin.. can’t he be a lazy prince that runs around flirting with girls all day like regular princes..” Chloe said as she sat down and took a drink from her wine glass.

“You mean like your lover boy, Shin Yoochun,” Jane said as she calmly took a sip of tea.

Chloe’s eyes widened and she spit out the wine in her mouth, “WHAT THE!!! JANE?!?!?!”

Kuri and Bea laughed as Chloe wiped her mouth and Angie, let out a little smile.

As Bea continued to chip away at the ice with her cake spoon, “ I was going to tell you about what Jaelin oppa prepared to give umma and appa.. He told me to tell unnies but now I don’t want to tell you.”

“Figured he’d have something ready for us to give umma and appa.. gives me more time to make potions.” Jane said as she flipped through her potions book.

Chloe melted the ice and stood over her baby sister, “Spill it you big ball of pink fluff.. or I’ll go burn all your dolls Jaelin made you ..”

“I HATE CHU!!!! “ Bea said as she pouted and turned to Kuri, “See.. my unnies are evil!!! I’ll trade you… “

“BEA… spill it “

Both Bea and Kuri got up and fixed each other’s dresses as Bea said, “Fine just follow me.”

“See all you had to do was that Bea.. it would have saved you so much trouble, “ Angie said as she got up from her seat leaving all the gifts in a large pile.

As she walked passed Chloe, she smiled, “Unnie.. if you would.. please dispose of that trash.”

Chloe grinned, “With pleasure..” and with that formed a fireball in her hand, “DIE PERVS !!! Especially you… Shin Yoochun!!”

Chloe stood there and laughed as she watched all of the presents burn.

“Gawd.. unnie.. don’t make your love so obvious..” Jane said while having her head glued to the pages of the book, “Maybe I should make a truth serum.. and just get you to admit it..”

“Don’t you dare!!!..”

“Haha… Unnie.. I think you just did.. “ Angie said as she looked at the one gift she had kept, “Maybe I should give these red heart panties to you… you may need to use them tonight..”

“You two are sooooo dead!!!”

“Hey AJUMMAS!!! Hurry.. or Kuri unnie and I will claim the present for umma and appa for ourselves and you guys can be present-less tonight” Bea yelled out as she waved her hands in the air mocking her unnies with Kuri randomly joining along.

“Yah!!! We’re coming. “ the three sisters said simultaneously as they ran towards the two girls who were running as fast as they could to get away.
===================================================
“I wonder where all the girls are going?” Yoochun said as he watched they run out the palace gates.

“I don’t know.. “ Yunho said as he looked at his present that Jaelin had given him.

“Yah hyung what did you get? “ Changmin said to Junsu as he tried to snatch the gift away from him.

“Hey get away.. this is mine… Jaelin hyung gave me a book hahah”

“Eh? A book…”

“Yes.. a book… of antidotes to all the potions Jane has made.. now I don’t have to worry about turning into a turtle or duck..”

“Ah… Jaelin hyung gave me some new candies he and BK noona made .. maybe I’ll go share some with Bea..” Changmin said giggling as he pulled out the two pieces of candy.

“Too late” Yoochun said as he grabbed one of the pieces and popped it into his mouth, “Wow this is good.. Junsu you should try it.”

“Hey that is mine!!!” Changmin said as he hid the other piece but was too late, Junsu had used his big behind to knock his baby bro off the bed and devoured the other piece.

“Wow.. really good.. “ Junsu said as he savored the taste, “Oh.. but no more hahahaha”

As Junsu and Yoochun began to laugh and point at Changmin, the youngest duplicated him self and attacked his two hyungs.

Jae Joong who hadn’t opened his present sat looking at the neatly wrapped box, Why did he suddenly give me a present… eh… does he like me?? … no.. no.. that can’t be right… he gave one to each of us… just thinking too much… he thought as he shook his head. Plus.. we both like…

Suddenly there was a knock at the front entrance to Jaelin’s quarters and a guard entered, “ Your highnesses.. the great Queen requests an audience with you.”

Just as the boys quickly jumped up to straighten themselves up, Queen Hoshi entered with a big smile on her face, “Hello sweet princes of Asahi, has my Jaelin been taking good care of you”

The five bowed and answered, “Yes your highness, the Crown Prince has been a gracious host.”

The queen giggled and motioned for them to take a seat.. seating herself between Changmin and Jae Joong, “My my.. no need to be so formal.. we are family are we not?”

Changmin hearing this gave a sigh of relief and gave her a big hug, “Ummanie.. what are you doing here today?”

Yunho gave him a glare, “Changmin ah.. “

The queen, “ho ho ho “ she laughed giving Changmin a pat on the head, “It’s quite alright.. I’m here to .. “ she picked up the unopened gift on the table, “Ah I see Jaelin has already given you his presents hasn’t he?”

“Yes.. we were wondering what they were for… Jaelin was in such a hurry that we did not have a chance to ask.” Yunho said as he bowed.

“Ah.. Yes.. this is something that only happens in Cheonson.. “

“What is it Ummanie?” Changmin said as he looked at her with big mismatched eyes and a smile.

“Wahhh!!! You are soo cute!!!” the queen shrieked as she rocked Changmin back and forth, pinching his cheeks.

The four other boys stared in silence as the queen continued to baby Changmin, “Oh .. yes.. I forgot.. ah today.. Well.. today.. is my wedding anniversary .. its been 50yrs now..”

“Eh? 50 yrs?!?!?!?” all five boys said as they looked at her.

The queen smiled and gave a “V” sign and little wink, “ I know… I don’t look like I’m 70 years old right?”

“Eh 70 years old?!?!?!?” Yoochun said as he scanned over her, wow… Cheonsa girls don’t age do they… hmmm… so c-baby will be smexy for a long time.. and our kids will be.. gorgeous., “wow .. I almost mistook you for Chloe’s younger sister when we first saw you.. your beauty is amazing.. I know where the princesses get their beauty and poise from now.”

“Awww Yoochunnie is such a sweet talker… You need to teach my emotionless Jaelin to be like that too . But enough about my uhljjangness.. like I said today is my wedding anniversary also a holiday in Cheonson where people give gifts to people they love to express their feelings.. since it seems many people need a specific day for them to get the courage to do so.”

“Eh but why did hyung give us gifts?” Changmin said as he glared at the two hyungs who ate his present.

“Well..when Jaelin became old enough, he started to make presents for everyone he cared for and gave them to people in the kingdom he had helped and such so now it’s a day to show all levels of affection but more specifically true love… “

“oh… so there will be a grand ball in honor of this occasion? “ Junsu asked with a great smile on his face, “I’ve been aching to dance.”

“Yah .. me too “ Yoochun said as he rested his arms on Junsu’s shoulders as the two began to sway back and forth and nod to a beat.

“hahaha… no… we don’t do anything, because Jaelin and the girls always have something special planned for us.. “

“Ohh.. Jaelin and the Princesses are amazing” the princes said together.

“hohoho…It’s more like.. Jaelin can control his dongsaengs is more like it, but they do make this day very special for us… and I was thinking…” she said as she motioned them to lean in closer.

“Yes your majesty” Jae Joong said as he and his brothers leaned in as instructed.

“Well I thought that you five should take this opportunity to … umm how shall I say it politely.. oh yes.. grovel and ask for my girls’ forgiveness if you ever want a chance to be with them… “

The five princes jumped back, “Eh???”

“Oh come on.. you think I am blind… I know my girls like you.. not the order we picked but.. they like you… but you five.. well actually four since Jae Joong seems to be infatuated with someone that Jaelin likes.. are … useless… fighting and perviness is not the way into my girls’ hearts..”

“Your majesty…” Jae Joong said as his face became pale hearing that even the queen knew that they were rivals.

Changmin could not help but laugh because he knew that this harsh comment was towards his four hyungs mainly since all was going well with Bea except for the constant interruption… Kuri…

“Sheesh.. no need to be shy and what not.. you think I married Hyesung because of his shy nature… the people who act first get the prize… get it?”

“……”

“hmm… I see from your looks that only Yoochunnie and Shushu agree with me… well think it over…. Do something to try to soften their hearts.. or spend the rest of your lives.. trying to protect it from their wrath.. the choice is yours… “ The queen stood up and began to walk away, but then suddenly turned around with a quick wink and “V” sign, “Oh if you do decide to man up and do something, ask Jaelin.. he’ll help you.. well at least four of you.. he wants to see his sisters happy too … well bye bye cuties” and then walked off.

“Umm.. What the HELL just happened here? “ Yunho said as he looked dumbfounded.

“Man.. if …” both Junsu and Yoochun thinking the same think said, “if.. they were just like Ummanie.. we would be set.. “ the two nodded and high fived each other.

“Hmmm what did she mean.. Jaelin would help only four of us…” Jae Joong said under his breath so the others could not hear.

“hahahaha… so are we going to do something or not? “ Changmin said laughing as he pulled out a parchment and quill, “We should think of our own ideas before we go running to Jaelin..”
===========================================================
“Wow…. “ Kuri said as they reached the lake, “Was there always a floating pavilion there? Its soo pretty with all the white silk.. almost like a dream.”

As the girls stepped to the edge of the lake, stepping stones appeared leading to the pavilion, “wow such a sweet smell too” , Kuri said as she took a wiff of the breeze, “jasmine…”

Chloe crossed her arms and laughed, “ I can’t believe that Jaelin was able to pull it off..”

“what?” Bea, Kuri and Jane said.

“Oh… Jaelin did.. didn’t he” Angie said as she looked at the flowing silk and piles of flowers. “Don’t you remember the story… umma used to tell us ..”

“Wow you mean…” Bea said excitedly.

“Yup.. at this exact spot in the same type of setting.. Umma and Appa confessed their love to each other.. though I think Umma was the one who planned it all” Chloe said as she looked at the detail of the woodwork, “this would explain why Jaelin has been missing for days.”

“Well enough awing for now.. we should finish it up before sunset…” Jane said as she placed her book down and grabbed strings of jasmine to decorate with.

“Can I help too???” Kuri said..

“Yah go for it.. Jaelin left all the decorating and prep to us… you can help with the floating candles.. “, Chloe said as she and Angie to arrange candles and little reflective crystals around the arm rest of the pavilion.
===========================================
“God!!! 3 hours of thinking and all we could get was this… “ Yoochun said as he grabbed the many pages of scribbles and read, “ Get on knees and apologize… we can be more creative than that..” and then in a lighter voice, “Plus.. it doesn’t work.. I already tried” and threw the pages into the flames.

“Yah.. I tried that too… and ended up stuck in that position for a day because of Jane’s paralysis potion..” Junsu said with his head lowered.

Changmin, “I guess we should go see if Jaelin hyung is anywhere around… “

Yunho stood up defiantly, “No!!! We have to do this on our own… what are they to think.. that we can’t even apologize without any help… sheesh you heard ummanie.. time to man up..”

“Well Ummanie did say that Jaelin would be able to help.. because he does know his sisters the best… Plus we are still doing all the work.. he is just assisting us..” Jae Joong said trying to make it sound less like they were helpless, “Aish… lets go check his garden.. he might be there…”

With saying that Jae Joong and his brothers all headed toward garden to see a masked figure sleeping in the shade of a cherry blossom tree. Is that Black Knight Jae Joong thought to himself as he slightly smiled hoping it would be her.. as they walked closer the smile turned into a frown seeing that it was Jaelin that was asleep under the tree. Why do they look soo much alike.. and they are always close to each other too… how am I to compete…

Now in a bad mood, Jae Joong walked up to Jaelin who was still asleep with the intention of shoving him, but when he looked at Jaelin’s sleeping face, he was remembered of the same peaceful look Black Knight had when she fell asleep watching over him. Just as a blossom fell on Jaelin’s face, Jae Joong slowly kneeled down to brush it away from Jaelin’s face.

Just as Jae Joong leaned in closer to Jaelin’s face, Yoochun grabbed Junsu and whispered in his ear causing the two to laugh. They nodded and together shouted out, “Yah.. Jae Joong hyung!! We know you miss Black Knight.. but that is Jaelin hyung!!! Ahhahaha.. Who is supposed to be the prince and who is the princess in this scene huh? hahahaha” as the two high fived each other again.

Hearing the laughter, Jaelin woke up and startled to see someone looming over him, punched Jae Joong in the stomach and flipped him over to the ground, pinning him, “Eh.. Jae Joong..??”

“Umm.. hi Jaelin..” Jae Joong said as his face turned red with embarrassment.

Yoochun and Junsu couldn’t help but laugh and point as Jaelin extended his hand to help Jae Joong up, “Well I guess we know who the princess was .. hahahaha”

Jae Joong shot them glare as Yunho hit them both on the head with Changmin running around catching cherry blossoms a few steps behind them.

“Changmin ah do you know that Bea loves cherry blossoms.. She and I always come and gather blossoms to press and dry so she can use it as potpourri in her room so it smells of spring all year round?” Jaelin said as he walked up to Changmin catching a perfect cherry blossom and handing it to him.

“Really?” Changmin said as his face lit up.

“But sadly the blossoms came late this year.. and she is busy with her studies… I guess she will not get it this year..” Jaelin said with a sigh as he picked a delicate blossom from the grass and took in its scent.

Hearing this Changmin took off his jacket and began to gather as many blossoms as he could, turning to Jaelin smiling, “Don’t worry !!! I’ll help you hyung.. if it’s for Bea… it can be my gift for her today!!!”

Jaelin smiled, “I thought you would say that… and I thank you on Bea’s behalf.. I know it will mean a lot to her ”

“No problem.. “ Changmin gleamed as he continued to run around gathering more blossoms.

Yoochun and Junsu looked on as Changmin continued his quest for cherryblossoms and then turned to each other, “Wow… Jaelin …is good…” and then turned to Jaelin, “Hyung!!! We need your help!!!”

“Hmm.. “ Jaelin said as began walking to another part of the garden as the boys followed.

“Well its not really help.. more like, we want to get some consultation…” Yunho said.. slightly embarrassed that they could not handle this on their own.

“About what … exactly..”

“Well Ummanie told us about today…” Junsu said but stopped when they reached a location they had never entered before, “Wow .. what is this place…”

“Oh .. here.. is a spot that holds much memories for myself and my sisters.. though we have never been able to come here with all of us lately.. because of royal duties and such…”

The boys looked around and it was as if they had entered another world… they were in a lush forest with flowers that seemed to shine like twinkling stars in the sky, even though it was day out.. there, it was night. Candles flickered giving the spot a very soft lighting and warmth, Jaelin and the princesses childhood toys and games were neatly organized underneath a large tree that had markings of the heights of the siblings as they grew older. Across a small bridge was a little stage/playhouse with various costumes and music sheets and instruments. With the sound of the creek the five boys could here the laughter of the girls and Jaelin of the past and picture how the five would spend their days here enjoying their child hood with no care in the world.

“This was to be my present to them.. like I said it has been many years since they have actually stepped foot in this place… haha they might have even forgotten about it, but for me.. this is where my fondest memories were made.” Jaelin said as he picked up an old teddy bear and held it.

Jae Joong looked at the stage and an idea came into mind, “Jaelin.. may we borrow this spot tonight.. we wish to do something special for your sisters.. and Black Knight..”

“Hmm..” the four other boys said all looking at Jae Joong.

“Trust me … this will work.”

“I suppose… since this was meant for them anyways… but they will know you received my help to find this place.. so I suggest you prepare something else as well…” Jaelin said as he put the bear back into its original spot and then looked at the five princes again.

“You know them best… what should we get for them?” Yoochun said bluntly.

“Well shouldn’t the gifts be something you think of yourselves?.. that has more meaning.. especially if its purpose is to say, “I’m sorry for all the perverted things I’ve done so far” .. isn’t that right Yoochun.. Junsu…”

Junsu and Yoochun went silent as Changmin and Yunho laughed, “hahaha Good one Jaelin hyung.”

“But since this is for my sisters.. I shall help, but I suggest along with this suggestion.. you come up with something else to give them as well. Yunho… Angie.. loves things that involve ice… maybe a an object that could mimick snow and hold some sentimental thought as well. Chloe noona loves animals..”

“Eh.. animals…what kind of animals?” Yoohcun said nervously thinking Please.. not black cats.. anything but black cats

“Black cats..”

“Ah…. It figures…. “ Yoochun said as sweat began to trickle down his face It’s for Chloe.. keep on thinking that…

“What about Jane and Bea, hyung” Junsu asked eagerly awaiting the response.

“Jane is easy.. just get her different herbs and roots she can use for her experiments.. and Bea.. well other than the cherry blossoms .. she does love candy.. so maybe you can make her some candies Changmin.. “

The four princes bowed to Jaelin and then turned to Jae Joong who had come up with a plan to turn this memory of the princesses childhood to a romantic setting making a memory for their adulthood. Just as the boys broke off to do their assigned tasks, Jae Joong walked up to Jaelin who was about to leave.

“Jaelin….” Jae Joong said nevously.

“Yes Jae Joong..” Jaelin said emotionless.

“Can you ask Black Knight to be here tonight as well…”

“I suppose… I was planning to ask her to accompany my sisters anyways because though you may be betrothed to them and all they are still young maidens..”

“But.. Black Knight is a maiden as well”

“BK is no ordinary maiden though… she will be fine…Is there any else ?”

“Um… what would Black Knight like… I want to give her something as a thanks for helping me before..”

Jaelin looked at Jae Joong and then laughed, “Nothing…”

“Nothing?”

“Nothing that I can’t give her myself… “ with saying that the two stared down one another. Jae Joong knowing that Jaelin and Black Knight share a strong bond backed down, “Well… if you insist on giving her something .. I suggest you come up with it on your own.. because anything I think of.. I will give her myself.. now if you’ll excuse me ..”

Jae Joong watched as Jaelin left leaving him there to ponder on his own…What can I make her that Jaelin would not think of making/giving her…

Just as he was about to give up he turned and by accident kicked the bear that Jaelin had placed down, “That’s it!!!”






If you are wondering why the color and font style change XD it will soon be revealed to you .. and it will add more chaos to the story muwhahahah

No comments:

Post a Comment